Garlic and Herb Greene Bean Saute
- 1 pound green, yellow, or purple string beans (fresh)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (extra virgin, divided in half)
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme and//or oregano (chopped)
- Remove stems from the green beans and break in half.
- Heat 1/2 the Olive Oil (1/2 tablespoon) over medium-low heat. When heated, add chopped onions and sauté uncovered for 5 minutes or until onions begin to soften and brown.
- Add green beans and stir to combine with onions. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
Chop the garlic and herbs while the beans are cooking.
- Reduce heat slightly and stir in minced garlic, salt, and pepper, and the rest of the olive oil; sauté uncovered for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and toss in fresh herbs