Guacamole is basically a staple at any gathering I host. There is nothing like a freshly made guacamole. Forget the store bought stuff…they have tried and unfortunately failed to capture the real zing and flavor of guac. I’m often utterly disappointed at the guacamole’s I come across. Flavor from real, fresh ingredients is addicting, which is why this recipe is as well!
So ripen up those avocados and get squeezing those fresh limes! Your taste buds will thank you 🙂
Guacamole (the best)
Most guacamole is bland and boring, but this recipe is full of flavor and fresh ingredients, and is so easy to make. The yogurt is optional but it add’s a nice texture and keeps the avocados from turning brown the next day. Guacamole makes an awesome addition to snacks and dinners!
- 2 medium avocados (ripe)
- 1/3 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 roma tomatoe (diced)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp. lemon or lime juice (fresh)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. plain yogurt
- Scoop the insides of the ripe avocados into a medium mixing bowl. Mash with the back of a fork until creamy.
- Add in chopped onion, garlic, salt and pepper, lemon/lime juice, cilantro, and yogurt if using. Folds in the tomatoes.
- Stir to evenly mix. Add extra seasonings to taste if desired.