Guacamole is basically a staple at any gathering I host. There is nothing like a freshly made guacamole. Forget the store bought stuff…they have tried and unfortunately failed to capture the real zing and flavor of guac. I’m often utterly disappointed at the guacamole’s I come across. Flavor from real, fresh ingredients is addicting, which is why this recipe is as well!
So ripen up those avocados and get squeezing those fresh limes! Your taste buds will thank you 🙂
Guacamole (the best)
- 2 medium avocados ripe
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 roma tomatoe diced
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt or more to taste
- 2 tbsp. lemon or lime juice fresh
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp. plain yogurt
- Scoop the insides of the ripe avocados into a medium mixing bowl. Mash with the back of a fork until creamy.
- Add in chopped onion, garlic, salt and pepper, lemon/lime juice, cilantro, and yogurt if using. Folds in the tomatoes.
- Stir to evenly mix. Add extra seasonings to taste if desired.