Give these tasty treats a try! Grain and gluten free, a new take on your old favorite cookies
Toasted Coconut Snickerdoodle Rounds
- 2/3 cup cashew or almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil extra virgin, unrefined
- 14 dates pitted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder aluminum free
- 1/4 cup Raisins organic
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend cashew/almond butter, coconut oil, and dates until the dates are completely chopped.
- Add honey and vanilla and blend to combine.
- In a mixing bowl toss together shredded coconut, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients into the food processor and pulse to chop the coconut and combine ingredients. Stir in the raisins (do not chop)
- Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil. Press dough firmly into 1” balls. Place on baking sheet and press down to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges just begin to turn brown. *Let cool completely on baking sheet before eating, they will be crumbly before they cool.