They are delicious
There are only 6 ingredients = Easy
They are raw, as in you don’t have to bake/cook them
They make a great snack when you need something small but filling in-between meals, or when hangry hits (hungry + angry)
Grain and Gluten-free…and free of a lot of other things
For fun I calculated the calories: there are about 70 kcal per bite and 3.5 grams of sugar…but who’s counting
They are chocolaty…need I say more?
Your husband and/or family may attempt to gorge on them, so hide some for yourself…to help with their portion control of course
Raw Cocoa Bites
- 2 cups coconut flakes (unsweetened, shredded)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (organic, cold pressed, unrefined)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- In a food processor, pulse together the coconut and cocoa powder.
- Pour in honey and coconut oil, pulse several times to fully incorporate.
- Add remaining ingredients, vanilla and salt, pulse to combine.
Continue to pulse until mixture begins to stick together, but not so much that the coconut shreds become pulverized.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, press the mixture firmly into the scoop to form into balls. If you do not have a mini ice cream scoop, a measuring tablespoon will work, or just roll into balls, pressing as you roll. (If they are not sticking together, they need a little more blending in the food processor).
- Store in the refrigerator for maximum preservation; can be left out as well.
Try freezing for a frozen treat!