Quinoa Flour Pizza Crust
A crispy gluten-free pizza crust minus all the unnecessary additives. Made with simple ingredients and easy to pair with your favorite toppings!
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 3 tbsp. flaxseed (ground)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 3/4 cup water (may add 1-4 extra tbsp. if dough is dry; dough should stick together but not be soupy)
- 3 tbsp. Italian seasonin
- 1 clove garlic (minced, or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl stir together ground flax seed or chia seed meal (grind whole seeds in a coffee grinder to create a meal) with the hot water.and allow to set for 3-5 minutes until a gel-like consistency.
- In a seperate large mixing bowl, whisk together the quinoa flour and baking powder. Stir in the flax seed/water combo, olive oil, and salt, then fold in the water. Use a wooden spoon or hands to knead all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Drizzle extra olive oil onto a pre-heated cast-iron skillet or pizza stone. Transfer dough to the middle of the pan and press outwards from the center until dough is evenly spread on the pan. Use wet hands as needed while spreading to prevent sticking.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is starting to brown and crisp.
- Add desired sauce and toppings (lots of veggies!) and return to oven. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until toppings reach desired doneness.
Allow to set for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Quinoa Flour can be purchased or you can make your own by grinding raw quinoa seeds in a high-powered blender (like a Vitamix) to make the flour (I make my own and it works well!)