Mint Chocolate Black Bean Brownies
- 2 cans black beans (or about 3.5 cups cooked beans)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (plus 2 tbsp)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened (can add 1/4 cup more for darker chocolate))
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 tsp peppermint or mint extract (natural)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Using a large Food-Processor, puree the black beans and coconut oil. Add in eggs and puree to a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients: honey, cocoa powder, salt, extracts, and leavening and process to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes. Check center to make sure it is set (will be slightly ‘fudgy’ which is okay); the top should have large cracks throughout).
- Let cool for 30 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator for a longer shelf life.
The Greeneberger offers customized nutrition counseling and plans for all nutritional needs. Whether you are looking to lose weight, manage chronic disease or to just feel better on a daily basis, we can take you from where you are to where you want to be. Contact us today to learn more .