Nothing speaks summer like a fresh dish full of seasonal ingredients! This salad is so fun and combines some of my favorite things like roasted Brussels sprouts, Sweet Potatoes, and Beets with the crispness of fresh veggies.
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Kale Salad
This salad is bursting with nutrients, fiber, and healthy fats. Makes an excellent dinner and an even better lunch the next day! If you’re missing a few of the ingredients, no worries, use what you have on hand, it’ll still make an excellent salad!
- 1.5 cups quinoa (cooked)
- 2 small sweet potatoes (cut into bite-sized cubes)
- 2 medium beets (reserve beet greens for salad)
- 2 cups brussel sprouts (cut into quarters)
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh rosemary (chopped)
- Himalayan salt or sea salt (to taste)
- 1 bunch kale (chopped)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 ripe avocado (diced)
- 1/2 cup sweet pea pods (cut in half)
- 2 tbsp walnuts or pumpkin seeds (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (plus more to taste)
- Cut the beets, sweet potatoes, and Brussel sprouts according to directions. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spread vegetables one-layer thick onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar; stir or toss to coat. Roast for 35-40 minutes. Halfway through roasting, stir in minced garlic. Vegetables should be tender and browned when finished, roast longer if necessary. Toss with chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper when roasting is complete.
- Cook the quinoa: In a medium saucepan, bring 1.5 cups of water to a boil. Add in 3/4 cup dry quinoa and a dash of sea salt and simmer covered until all the moisture is absorbed, about 15 mins. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- While vegetables are roasting, wash and chop the kale and beet greens, removing the thick stem. Toss together with arugula. (may use other salad greens if desired)
- Assemble: Toss all ingredients in a large bowl to thoroughly combine. Add additional balsamic vinegar if desired. Enjoy! Ingredients can be chilled and salad served cold