The tasks of this past week, actually, the past several weeks, have proved to be exceptionally demanding of my time. Warmer temperatures have also brought with them an increasing list of “to-do’s”. I believe that even when my schedule is packed and the work seems endless, I still have to take time for myself and take care of myself. Stress has the ability to bring out the worst in any situation; however, the good is still there and life still waiting to be lived! Hence why I still find time for what is fun (cooking) and what will keep me healthy (eating delicious and nutritious whole food).
Often times home-cooked meals may be the first thing to go when the schedule takes over…but au contraire! Healthy meals should never have to take a backseat as they are what keeps our bodies strong and able to handle whatever situation may arise.
Here’s a delicious yet simple turkey-burger ball recipe I made tonight for dinner. Paired with some roasted spaghetti squash, steamed broccoli, sautéed onion, and my Tomato Basil Marinara sauce. These are also great as leftovers for lunch or to have on hand for a quick snack. They are easily made into turkey burgers too!
|Tonight’s dinner (described above)|
Spinach Stuffed Turkey Burger Balls
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary chopped (1/2 tsp. dry)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Chop the spinach, garlic, and rosemary.
- Place ground turkey in a mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mix with hands to evenly distribute seasonings among ground turkey.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat. Form into 16 golf-ball sized balls and drop into preheated pan.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes. Remove lid and rotate meatballs. Continue to cook uncovered another 3-5 minutes until completely cooked through and slightly browned.