Double Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 3 cups garbanzo beans (2 cans)
- 15 dates (about 3/4 cup)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (unrefined)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cocoa powder (unweetened)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Place garbanzo beans, softened coconut oil, and dates into a food processor or powerful blender and process to break into chunks.
- Add in honey, cocoa powder, vanilla and mix until completely smooth (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer batter to a bowl and refrigerate batter until chilled and firm, about 45 min-1 hour.
Once chilled, stir in chocolate chips and nuts if using.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon to measure out batter. Roll into balls and place on parchment paper. Dust with/roll in additional cocoa powder if desired and store in refrigerator for up to one week or freeze in an airtight container.
Looking to make a new years resolution to be more fit? We can help. I am a Registered and Licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist in Columbus, Ohio. I am passionate about helping people experience optimal health through making positive nutrition and lifestyle changes. I work one-on-one with clients to help them reach their health, weight, and nutrition goals, as well as reducing symptoms of chronic diseases, naturally!